To claim my award I must share 7 things about myself you may not know:
1. I've wanted to be a writer from about age 12, but never had the confidence, so I only started writing in my 40's!
2. I'm always on diet but never seem to lose weight (maybe all those chocolates have something to do with it?)
3. I prefer a mild temperature - one of the reasons my parents left Zimbabwe was because I was always getting sick from the heat in the hot months.
4. No matter how many extra language lessons I take, I can still only speak English. In a country where there are 11 official languages, and most people speak three or four of those official languages, I feel embarrassed at my complete inability to learn another language.
5. I'm a terrible procrastinator. I put things off as much as I can, especially starting new things (like a new novel or a new diet)
6. I'm cat mad (maybe this should be number 1?) I was 6 months old when I got my first cat and have had cats ever since. Husband had to choose between a dog or me and my cats! He said it was a hard decision, but luckily me & my cats pipped the canines at the post!
7. I'm addicted to blogging and social media. It's very sad really, but what can I do?
I also have to pass this award on to new blogs I've recently discovered:
Positive Letters...Inspirational Stories: Hilary talks through a variety of topics, and always in such a positive, happy way I leave her blog smiling!
Frances Garrod: Author Frances Garrod has a way with words. Her blog posts are short, sweet and often hilarious (and sometimes serious)
Tabouleh: Lana's blog is full of wisdom and culture from an unusual part of the world.
40 and Loving it (well, mostly): Follow Canadian Barbara on her heart wrenching journey of grief
Simon Hay Soul Healer: Magical. That's all I can say. Magical.
Meandering in a Field of Words: Jennas's blog meanders through a variety of topics on how life can be an inspiration for writing
Cold as Heaven: For keeping me reading about everything from trips to Moscow to tales of Winterland.
One Stoned Crow: His blog makes me appreciate how lucky I am to live on this beautiful amazing continent, Africa.
And there we go. Have fun browsing. And, if you get chance remember to visit Claire's blog - she's launching her new novel "Second Guessing Fate" on 26 September and will be having an orgy of launch prizes - the pre-launch party giveaways have already started!